The re3 recycling centres on Longshot Lane, Bracknell and Island Road, Reading will continue to be open during the second national lockdown starting on 5th November with continued safety measures and a booking system in place.
Residents should continue booking using the “Click and Tip” service and only visit the recycling centre if they are no longer able to store their waste at home. Kerbside waste collections and glass banks will remain operational. If possible, residents are asked to prioritise these services over a visit to the recycling centres during the lockdown period.
To make a journey to the recycling centres as safe as possible, residents are asked to strictly follow social distancing guidelines and only arrive if they have a valid booking. In line with Public Health England guidance, residents who are showing symptoms such as high temperature, continuous cough or loss of smell or taste, or have tested positive for Coronavirus must cancel their booking and not visit the recycling centres.
Bookings via the “Click & Tip” service are available for slots from 8am – 6pm, Monday to Sunday, and residents can book up to 7 days in advance. The “Click & Tip” service will remain in place until at least the end of March 2021. From next week residents will notice a new look booking system with a clearer display and more flexibility. Residents will be able to reschedule or cancel their appointment up to 3 hours prior to their visit and make a booking up to 1 hour before the slot subject to availability. This improvement will help to release some spare capacity, enabling more people to visit the sites. In addition, residents who are planning to use a commercial type vehicle on their visit will benefit from the integrated form within the same booking process.
To ensure that social distancing guidelines are adhered, the following safety measures are still in place:
- Limiting the number of vehicles allowed at the site at any one time.
- All visitors are required to keep the appropriate distance from each other, at least 2m apart.
- To minimise unnecessary contact with staff, residents should display their proof of address through closed windows and use contactless payments for transactions if possible.
- Meet & Greet staff are required to wear a face covering all the time.
- No assistance for unloading can be provided by site staff who will be available to direct the public and manage residents parking.
- Site is sanitised frequently, and hand sanitising facilities are available to residents.
Things to remember when visiting the re3 sites at Longshot Lane and Smallmead:
- You must make a booking before you visit the site. If you do not have a booking you will be refused entry.
- Please bring proof of address that shows you are a resident of Bracknell Forest, Reading or Wokingham such as a driving licence, a council tax bill or a utility bill (issued no longer than four months prior to visit) and place it on your dashboard for staff to see.
re3 will accept all usual items, including chargeable waste, so plan your visit when loading your car as it will help minimise the amount of time on site.
Wokingham Borough Council have also confirmed that all kerbside waste collections will continue as normal during the lockdown period. This includes: General Waste, Recycling, Food Waste and Garden Waste.